Friday, December 14, 2012

Solace From The Storm...

I'll be hanging out here for a while.
The horrible tragedies that happened worldwide today have incited verbal wars on the likes of facebook, and no matter how I try to put down my thoughts and condolences, or my views and feelings on the "why" of it all, it seems to just make people even more angry. A few in particular chose to spit vitrol and profanities at me, and instead of talking to me about it and giving me a reason why they feel the way they do, they flounce off like Scarlett O'Hara and unfriend me. Ok good.
I'm sick of it; trying to reason with nut-jobs and cowards.


And now for something serene...

Ann Harding in the 1930s production of 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I have stayed away from FB too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the dvd of this classic film and watch it every summer. It remains, in my opinion the best, most magical version ever and I never tire of seeing it~
    Not a member of facebook, pinterest, LJ, or ANY social media whatsoever, I just have my blog about my life in an 18thc. house in New England, USA~
    Best regards,
    Mary
    http://anhistoricallady.blogspot.com
    and
    www.thecountryladyantiques.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment, and I will do my best to review and approve asap! xoxo
**Please Note**
I welcome discussion and polite debate, however; comments that are intended to harass, bully, insult, threaten or are just made to be antagonizing, will not be permitted.